Search This Blog

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Studies in Creativity - Creativity and Education

I was so busy with other things, that I forgot to post my little Studies in Creativity Log sketch. I actually liked this one, and the Ted Talk that inspired it was a lot of fun to listen to. It's Ken Robinson's : How School Kills Creativity. You can listen to it here:


The part of the talk that inspired me most was when Ken Robinson describes a now famous Broadway choreographer, who kept getting in trouble at school. The principal calls in her mother for a meeting at the office. After a short talk, he leaves the little girl, telling her that he has to speak to her mother in private. Before he leaves, he turns on the radio. The principal then turns to the mother, and asks her to watch. As soon as the adults leave, the little girl was on her feet, moving to the music. The principal then says: "Your child isn't sick. She's a dancer"

What is happening to all the dancers in our society now? Who instead of being allowed to move, and be creative, are fed Ritalin and told to sit still?

So here is my little Log sketch. Great Ted Talk!


No comments:

Post a Comment