Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2014

You can NEVER have too many books!

The holidays are over, and I got three new amazing books that I plan on getting through shortly!


First - The Disney Villain, by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston. It seems that this book is out of print, because I had to find it from a seller on amazon and the price varies greatly. This one is from my dad, for my birthday. I had a great time reading the Illusion of Life by Frank and Ollie, so I'm already enjoying reading this one. It has of course some amazing sketches, concept art and cells from a bunch of movies, so I think it will be a great reference!

Muybridge's Animals in Motion is really incredible. It's spectacular what was achieved in 1877! There is such a range of different animals, and I plan on studying a lot more animal runs and walks whenever (fingers crossed) I have a spare moment. In the mean time, just pouring over the photos is inspiring!

Finally part 2 of Elemental Magic. I'm having a blast just flipping through it, but I also plan on studying it some more sometime soon. Turns out there is also a great tutorial by Joseph Gilland as he takes the viewer through a simple splash, frame by frame. Really great stuff:


Great additions to the home library! Yay the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment